Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fuel Pump Wiring On Mercury Cougar I've Had The Fuel Pump Replaced 2X On A '99 Ford Mercury Cougar But It Keeps Going Out. What Else Could It Be?

I've had the fuel pump replaced 2X on a '99 Ford Mercury Cougar but it keeps going out. What else could it be? - fuel pump wiring on mercury cougar

I have a 1999 Mercury Cougar W / A 3.8 V6 engine in the mechanics of the distribution of several tell me they have a problem with the fuel pump. After 3 visits to the dealer and a mechanic in the street again, I get very frustrated. They say it is the fuel pump and allows the fuel pump replaced twice. I also had an important framework that has replaced all the son of spark plugs and ignition coils, but I'm still on this topic. The car is never completely down and out, but it works in between, this is very unreliable. Greater control if he wants. I'm going to the mall, and when I go, will not start. If I wait several hours, you can start or not until a few days. When I start it, it does provide a means for not doing enough but the engine gas. HELP PLEASE! What could be the problem? Could it be electrical or a problem with the fuel pump related, but no fuel pump itself? I'm at the end of my mind.

2 comments:

ww2db said...

Fuel pump and alternator are almost two weaknesses of the Mercury Cougar. Many owners had similar complaints to those who have it from that perspective, his experience does not surprise me. Check to remember this information for the period 1999-2002 Cougars, you'll see a few things are related to the supply network:

http://www.cougardb.com/info/recall

What surprises me is that the broker does not solve the problem correctly. Although the original production pumps are an unacceptable mistake, I think the impression that the replacement have addressed the problems, as most (all?) Cougar owners know and experience this problem after the issue of the defective parts replaced with the most appropriate . You may wish to consult with the dealer to see if new parts, or the use of old stocks of fuel pumps that could be still be defective models.

Lana T said...

Used to fuel pumps in the transformation that the model of all time. In his case, the wiring, but I suspect corrosion damaged, defective relay, or even a bad outlet. It is probably a long time to the person who diagnosed you choose next guard. Good luck.

Post a Comment